Combat Application Tourniquet
The CAT Tourniquet (Combat Application Tourniquet) is a small and lightweight arterial tourniquet that completely occludes blood flow in an extremity. Used for the treatment of life-threatening bleeding, the CAT Tourniquet uses a Self-Adhering Band and a Friction Adaptor Buckle to fit a wide range of extremities combined with a one-handed windlass system. The windlass uses a free moving internal band to provide true circumferential pressure to an extremity. The windlass is then locked in place; this requires only one hand, with the Windlass Clip. The CAT Tourniquet also has a Hook-and-Loop Windlass Strap for further securing of the windlass during patient transport.
The Combat Application Tournquet (C.A.T) is a proven tried and true tourniquet which should be a part of every medical kit designed to combat bleeding wounds. The C.A.T excels in single handed use when compared to altnertives and is both lightweight and compact. The durable windlass system is constructed with a polymer handle which helps reduce weight, and tightens down the patented free-moving internal band. This free moving band applies true circumferential pressure to the extremity.
- Official tourniquet of the U.S. army
- Used by both conventional and Special Operation forces
- True, one-handed application tourniquet
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper and lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions
- Small and cost-effective
- Windlass rod is twice as strong as before with an increased diameter and improved grip
- Reinforced windlass clip & highly visible security tab includes a writeable area to record the time of application
- Featuring with a red elliptical tip to assist user in locating and threading during application
- Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care
There are no reviews yet.